CORRUPT PRACTICES, DISQUALIFICATION'S AND OFFENCES.
201. When any horse engaged in a trial or test for the purpose of obtaining a Starting Stall Certificate after suspension or otherwise is found to have had administered to it any prohibited substance, the trainer and any other person who was in charge of such horse at any relevant time may be punished unless he satisfy the Stewards or Stewards of the Club that he had taken all proper precautions to prevent the administration of the prohibited substance.
202. The Stewards and/or the Stewards of the Club shall fine and/or punish and/or warn off and/or exclude and/or eject and/or disqualify and/or suspend or withdraw Licences, for any reason or reasons, from any race course or place where these Rules are in force, any of the following persons viz.:
(i) Any person who in their opinion has been guilty of any dishonest, corrupt, fraudulent, or improper practice or dishonourable action in connection with racing anywhere.
(ii) any person who gives or offers, or promises, directly or indirectly, any money, share in a bet, any benefit, bribe in any form to any person having official duties in relation to a race or race- horse, or any trainer, jockey or agent or to any other person having charge of or access to, any race horse; or
(iii) any person who having official duties in relation to a race, or any nominator, agent, trainer, jockey, or other person having charge of, or access to any race-horse accepts or offers to accept any money, share in a bet, or other benefit or bribe in any form; or
(iv) any person who willfully enters, or causes to be entered or causes to start in any race, a horse which he or the owner or nominator of which he knew or knows or believes to be disqualified; or
(v) the owner, nominator or trainer of any horse entered or run in any race, or trial, under a fraudulently false description and any person having any interest in such horse or any of them.
(vi) Any owner, nominator, trainer, jockey, lessee, apprentice, stable hand, bookmaker or bookmakers assistant or any person who either willfully refuses to attend and give evidence at an enquiry when requested by the Stewards/ Stewards of the Club/ Stipendiary Stewards to do so, or knowingly gives evidence which is false or misleading in any particular.
(vii) any person who gives at any enquiry or appeal any evidence which in their opinion is false or misleading in any manner.
(viii) any person who conspires or connives with any other person for the commission of, or shall connive with any other person being guilty of any corrupt or fraudulent practice in relation to racing at any place; or
(ix) any person who surreptitiously obtains information with respect to a trial from any person or persons engaged in it or in the service of the owner or trainer of any horse tried or respecting any horse in training from any person in such service; or
(x)(a) any person who at any time administers or attempts to administer or allows or causes to be administered or connives at the administration to a horse of any quantity of any substance, which is a prohibited substance for any purposes including any of the following purposes :
(i) for the purpose of affecting the performance or behaviour of a horse in a race or of preventing its starting in a race; and/or
(ii) which is detected in any pre-race or post-race sample taken on the day of any race; or
(x)(b) Any person who uses or has in his possession, any electric or electronic apparatus or any improper contrivance capable of affecting the performance of a horse in a race or training gallop.
(xi) Any owner, nominator or licenced person of a horse by advertisement, circular, letter or other means offers to give information concerning his own or other horse in return of monetary or other consideration or who connives at any such act or practice.
(xii) Any person guilty of improper or insulting behaviour at any time towards the Stewards or Stewards of the Club or any official in relation to their or his duties.
(xiii) Any person who has committed any breach of the rules.
(xiv) Any person who attempts or conspires or connives or commits or is guilty of with any other person of conspiring or conniving to commit, any of the above offences or of any corrupt, dishonest, fraudulent, improper practice or dishonorable action in connection with racing at any place notwithstanding that any such other person has or has not been found guilty of the offence in question.
(xv) Any person holding a licence under the rules who combines, or endeavours to combine, with any other person or persons to obstruct, or in any way interfere with the conduct of any race meeting, race or trial held under these Rules.
(xvi) Any person who infringes any of the provisions of a licence issued to him or any regulations issued in the Racing Calendar be liable to such other punishment as the Stewards or the Stewards of the Club think fit to impose.
203. Any person who is warned off or excluded or ejected or whose licence has been withdrawn under the rules shall be a disqualified person for the purpose of these Rules for such period as the warning off or withdrawal of the licence shall remain in force and so long as his exclusion or ejection shall continue.
204. The decision of the Stewards of the Club on the report of the Stewards or otherwise, that a person has been guilty of any of the offences under the rules shall be conclusive evidence of his guilt.
205. If it be proved to the satisfaction of the Stewards of the Club on the report of the Stewards or otherwise, that any person is a defaulter in bets such person shall, on being declared a defaulter by the Stewards of the Club, be warned off as provided in the Rules, so long as his default continues.
206. The following are disqualified persons within the meaning of this Rule:-
(i) A person who becomes a disqualified person within the meaning of that person under these Rules.
(ii) A person who has been disqualified under any recognised Rules of Racing so long as his disqualification continues.
(iii) A person who has been warned off/excluded/ejected from any course where these rules are in force so long as his warning off/ exclusion/ ejectment continues.
(iv) A person who has been warned off/excluded/ejected from any course under the jurisdiction of a recognised Turf Authority who has a reciprocal agreement with the Turf Authorities of India from time to time for mutual enforcement of sentences so long as his exclusion continues.
(v) Any other disqualified person.
207.(a) A disqualified person so long as his disqualification lasts shall not:-
(i) Act as Steward of the meeting, Steward of the Club, Member of the Board of Appeal or as an Official at any recognised Meeting.
(ii) Act as Authorised Agent or Principal or in such capacity enter or nominate any race horse for any race.
(iii) Enter, run, train or ride a horse in any race at any recognised Meeting or trial or test.
(iv) Except with the permission of the Stewards of the Club, enter the Grand Stand or Saddling Enclosure or Paddock or any Enclosure or Stable area or the portion of a Race Course or Turf Club House or any land/building used in connection therewith during any race meeting or during betting on races held at any other centre or ride work or be employed in any racing stable.
(v) Be employed or engaged in any capacity in any racing stable.
(vi) Subscribe to any Sweepstakes.
(b) So long as the person remains disqualified :
(i) No horse shall be permitted to race which is wholly or partly owned or leased by such disqualified person or such person's spouse or in the winnings of which such disqualified person or such person's spouse has an interest.
(ii) No horse of which such disqualified person is the owner, or, in the case of a leased horse, such disqualified person is the lessee shall be placed or remain in the care of any licenced trainer.
(c) If any owner or trainer except with the special permission of the Stewards of the Club employs or keeps in his employment any disqualified person during the term of his disqualification or trains or permits any horse belonging to a disqualified person to enter the premises of such owner or trainer or to remain under his care or control, such owner or trainer may be fined or warned off the course.
208. A person warned-off shall be subject to the same disabilities as a person disqualified :
(i) A Jockey or an Apprentice or a person otherwise entitled to ride under the rules, suspended by the Stewards or Stewards of the Club shall not ride in any race conducted under the rules during the period of suspension.
(ii) A Trainer suspended by the Stewards or the Stewards of the Club shall not during the period of that suspension:-
(a) As a Trainer, nominate a horse for a race or an official barrier trial.
(b) Train a horse upon any registered racecourse, or training track owned, operated or controlled by the Club.
(iii) A Bookmaker suspended by the Stewards or the Stewards of the Club shall not field at any race meeting conducted under the Rules or be in any way concerned in the operation of a Bookmaker during the period of that suspension.
(iv) A stable hand disqualified by the Stewards or the Stewards of the Club shall not by any trainer or owner be employed or permitted to work in any racing stable during the period of that suspension.
209. Power to disqualify any person shall be deemed to include power to warn off such person.
210. Where in relation to any disqualification or suspension imposed under these rules there is made an appeal, and whilst such appeal is being heard and the directive given that the disqualification or suspension shall be, or is, inoperative or is not to be enforced or acted upon either generally or for any specified or otherwise limited period of time, then the time during which such suspension or disqualification would but for such order or declaration have been effective shall not be included in calculating the duration for such suspension or disqualification. Every suspension or disqualification imposed after this Rule comes into operation shall be subjected to the provisions hereof.
211. A horse which is wholly or partly owned or leased by any person disqualified for any offence in relation to such horse shall thereby be disqualified for all races after the disqualification of such person and such person shall forfeit or return all money and prizes which such horse has won in any race after such disqualification, but the Stewards of the Club may waive in respect of a lessee the provisions of this rule to such extent as they think fit.
212. Notwithstanding the provisions contained in the rules if a lessor or the husband or wife, or person residing with a lessor is a disqualified person, the Stewards of the Club may, in their discretion, waive in favour of the lessee in respect of any particular meeting or during the currency of the lease or any part thereof the provisions of those Rules; but in the event of such horse winning any stake or prize money, the amount thereof shall be reduced by the amount or proportion thereof to which such lessor would otherwise be entitled by virtue of any agreement (whether verbal or in writing) entered into between the lessor and the lessee in respect of such horse, and no part of such stake or prize money shall be payable to such lessor nor be recoverable by the lessor from the Club or the lessee or any other person whomsoever.
213. So long as a horse is disqualified by the Stewards or the stewards of the Club it shall not be entered or run for any race held under these rules or be trained on any course where these rules are in force.
214. If a horse has been disqualified for any particular race, or for anything occurring in such race, the prize or money including any proportion to which the rider would have been entitled as rider of a winning mount shall be awarded as though such horse had not started in the race.
215. If a horse be entered for or started in a race for which it is ineligible, either under the conditions of such race or for any other reason, the Stewards may disqualify, or otherwise punish the owner, trainer and nominator of such horse.
216. The disqualification of a Trainer or the suspension of his Trainer's Licence or permit shall not of itself render ineligible for racing any horse which at any time of disqualification or suspension was being trained by him for fee or reward and in which he had no interest other than as a Trainer, provided that such horse is removed to the possession and control of another Trainer.
The removal of such horse to another Trainer who is either the parent of the disqualified or suspended Trainer of his spouse or child will not be deemed to be sufficient compliance with the aforesaid provisions unless the Stewards expressly approve such removal.
217. When the Stewards or the Stewards of the Club disqualify any person they may disqualify for the same or any term all or any horses in which he has an interest. Notice of every such general disqualification of horses and their names when they can be ascertained by the Secretary shall be included in the List of Disqualification, but the omission of any horse's name shall not affect the disabilities involved in such disqualifications.
218. The Stewards may suspend any licence right or privilege granted under the Rules of such term as they think fit so far as it relates to the courses or meetings controlled by them provided that such suspension may be disallowed or removed by the Stewards of the Club.
219. A disqualification or suspension imposed by the Stewards or Stewards of the Club of any recognised turf authority shall be adopted or enforced.
220. A general power conferred on the stewards of the Club or the Stewards by any of the rules of Racing of the Club shall not (unless the contrary is expressly provided) be limited, qualified or affected or deemed so to be by the fact that a specific punishment is prescribed for a particular offence or a specific power is conferred on such Stewards of the Club or Stewards.
221. If any recognised Turf Authority in India has imposed on any person a punishment, or exclusion, warning off or any other punishment, disqualification or disability under their Rules, the Stewards of the Turf Club/Club shall ipso facto reciprocate of the same and to treat such person as having been excluded, warned off or subjected to the same punishment, disqualification and/or disability, as the case may be, under these rules, and in exercising that power, the Stewards of the Turf Club/Club are in no way under any obligation to give a prior notice or hearing to any person against whom any action has been taken by any other recognised Turf Authority and the Stewards of the Turf Club/Club shall ipso facto reciprocate on receipt of communication in this behalf from the recognised Turf Authority of India which has taken the decision, which decision shall take effect forthwith, depriving him the right to enter, train, ride a horse in a race or at work, operate a book or employed in racing stable, enter the Race Course, Stand, Enclosures, etc., so long as the disqualification/punishment imposed by another recognised Turf Authority continues.
222. Every new rule (in which term is included the repeal or alteration of an existing rule) must be advertised in the sheet calendar with the date of the meeting of the Turf Club at which it is to be proposed, and such date shall not be less than 30 days from the date of the calendar containing the advertisement.
i) The Stewards of the Club may alter or amend any Rule and may from time to time make, alter or amend further Rules and/or regulations as they deem fit for the proper observance of the conditions of racing and the discipline and/or conduct of those taking part therein, subject to the same being ratified at the next General Meeting of the Club. Provided that if such new rule is not so ratified, the non-ratification should not affect the validity of any act done under the same new rule prior to the General Meeting.
ii) Such rules, regulations, alterations or amendments shall be advertised in the Sheet Calendar and shall come into force on such date as the Stewards of the Club may fix, not earlier than 15 days from the date of the Calendar containing the advertisement.