APPENDIX " D "
THE BENEVOLENT FUND AND FINES
All fines imposed under these rules shall, on realisation, be remitted to the Secretary of the Turf Club.
A Fund shall be kept under the name of the Benevolent fund for Relief of trainer, Jockeys, apprentices riding boys and their dependents.
The fund shall be under the charge of the Stewards of the Turf Club and shall be administered by them in their discretion.
These shall be credited to such fund:-
(a) (a) all fees received by the Turf Club on account of licenses granted to trainers, jockeys and apprentices.
(b) (b) Unless otherwise provided or directed by the Stewards of the Turf Club, all fines imposed under these rules and received by the Secretary of the Turf Club.
(c) (c) Such other sums as the Stewards of the Turf Club may from time to time determine.
TURF CLUB ACCIDENT FUND :
(1) On the first day of Nov 1999, the following scheme for providing Benefits for jockeys injured while riding came into force and will continue in force until such time as the Turf Club may determine.
(2) At every Race meeting held in India under these Rules the Owner of a horse running there at shall pay the sum of Rs.60/- in respect of each amount to the Secretary of the meeting and a further sum of Rs. 50/- in the case of jockeys shall be deducted by the Secretary of the Meeting from every fee deposited for such jockey before payment to him. Such sums shall be paid by the Secretary of the Meeting to the Secretary of the Turf Club into the account of the Turf Club Accident Fund.
N.B. The Stewards of the Turf Club reserve to themselves the right to exempt any meeting under these Rules from the operation of these Rules relating to the Turf Club Accident Fund (Rule 41)
(3)The Turf Club accident Fund shall be administered by the Stewards of the Turf Club.
(4)The Stewards of the Turf Club shall have power to grant benefit out of the said fund in the event of death or of bodily injury to a jockey caused by accident happening whilst carrying out his duties between the time of his Weighing out and Weighing in for a race run at any meeting under these rules or while carrying out his professional duties, not exceeding the amount mentioned in the Rules for the administration of the said Fund.
(5) No owner or Jockey shall have any voice whatever in the administration of the said Fund. No Owner, Jockey or any person claiming through such Owner of Jockey shall have any legal right, whatsoever to any payment under this scheme against the Turf Club or the Stewards of the Turf Club or against the said fund by reason of his being a subscriber to the Fund or otherwise. All payments will be made or withheld, reduced, increased or discontinued at the absolute discretion of the Stewards of the Turf Club.
(6) The amount of and method of payment of the benefit to be granted in each case shall subject as aforesaid, be in the discretion of the Stewards of the Turf Club, provided that the amount of the benefit shall in no case exceed the sum hereinafter defined as the maximum benefit.
SCALE OF MAXIMUM BENEFITS :
Accident resulting in
Nature of Benefit
|1. Death of Jockey or apprentice Jockey.||Lump sum or in trust for widow, children or other dependent/s||Rs. 12,00,000/- (Revised to Rs. 15,00,000/- w.e.f 31st October 2015).|
|2. Permanent disablement preventing the jockey or apprentice jockey from Riding any race, or from earning a wage in any other capacity of disablement.||Lump sum, less such amount as may have been paid on account of temporary disablement.||Rs. 12,00,000/- (Revised to Rs. 15,00,000/- w.e.f 31st October 2015).|
|3.(a) Temporary disablement preventing the jockey from riding any race, or from carrying on his profession.||Weekly payment for a period not exceeding 104 weeks.||Rs. 1,000/- (whilst in hospital)
Rs. 1,500/- (whilst not in hospital) (and such medical expenses as may be necessary).
|(b) Temporary disablement preventing the apprentice jockey from riding any race, or from carrying on his profession.||Weekly payment for a period not exceeding 104 weeks.||Rs. 500/- (whilst in hospital)
Rs. 750/- (whilst not in hospital) (and such medical expenses as may be necessary).
7.The extent of benefits to be granted to Riding Boys will be 75% of the scale eligible to the jockeys in addition to such medical expenses as may be necessary, in accordance with the regulation.
8.An account shall be opened with the Bank of the Turf Club in the name of the Turf Club Accident Fund into which all monies received by the Secretary for the benefit of the Fund shall be paid.
9. The fund shall be administered by the Stewards of the Turf Club who shall have power to invest in such investments as the Stewards in their uncontrolled discretion may from time to time determine the money not immediately required for the objects of the fund and to vary such investments.
10. For the purpose of securing the efficient working of the Scheme the Stewards of the Turf Club may from time to time advance such sums out of the funds of the Turf Club as may be necessary. Any amount so advanced shall be repaid as soon as subsequent subscriptions amount to such a sum as in the opinion of the Stewards of the Turf Club shall be sufficient to justify repayment.
11. The Stewards of the Turf Club may from time to time increase or reduce the Scale of maximum Benefits by giving notice thereof in the Racing Calender.
12. The Stewards of the Turf Club shall keep a record of all claims and payments made to and out of the fund and a detailed statement made up to the end of the last racing season and audited by Chartered Accountant shall be presented at the Second annual General Meeting of the Turf Club.
13. The Stewards of the Turf Club are authorised to receive and to administer bequests and donations to the Fund.