Important Telephone Numbers:
- Dr. Shankar Kar, Jt. GM Vet - (Mob) 09831105392
- Dr. B Gowrishankar, Jt. GM Vet - (Mob) 09739894373
- Mr. Amit Chaturvedi, GM Racing - (Mob) 9830344775
- Mr. Raman Kutty, AGM – Course - (Mob) 9831570086
- Veterinary Yard, No. 2 Bakery Road - Ph : 033 2223 4252
The Security of the stables is maintained by a highly professionally acclaimed Security Agency.
Security Office, No. 2 Bakery Road - Ph – 033 2223 0267
RULES GOVERNING THE ADMITTANCE OF
PERSONS TO R.C.T.C. STABLES
1. Visiting Hours :
Monsoon 7.30 a.m. to 9.30 a.m.
4.00 p.m. to 7.30 p.m.
Winter 7.30 a.m. to 10.00 a.m.
4.00 p.m. to 7.30 p.m.
Cars and visitors must enter Hastings Stables by the Bakery Road gate. Speed limit inside the Stables for all mechanically propelled vehicles 15 K.P.H.
2. Owners with passes and pass-holders
- Owners with passes and pass-holders will be admitted during visiting hours on production of their passes issued by the General Manager Racing, R.C.T.C. These are valid from 1st May to 30 April in the following year.
- Admission to R.C.T.C. Stables will only be granted to those in possession of Stable passes. Any visitor who wishes to enter R.C.T.C. Stables and who is not in possession of a Stable Pass, must be signed in by an Official, Owner, Trainer and in his absence by his Jemadar or Jockey. In exceptional circumstances, if an Owner has not brought his pass with him, he may be allowed to enter the Stables provided the Stable Security Staff at the gate recognize him; the Stable Register, in such circumstances, will be signed by the trainer immediately after. The names of Visitors should be entered in block capitals in addition to the signatures.
Note : From 8 a.m. on the day preceding a race day to the end of the race day in question, no visitors will be allowed to be signed in.
- Under no other circumstances are visitors (other than owners) to be admitted to R.C.T.C. Stables until they have been signed in at the Entrance gate by the Trainer concerned. It is not permitted for the visitors to enter the Stables and to be signed in after his entry.
- If an owner wishes to visit a stable at any time outside the visiting hours, he may do so if accompanied by his trainer.
- If an owner wishes to take his family or friends to the stables during visiting hours, he must accompany them and legibly enter his own and their names in the visitors book which is kept at the entrance gate.
- Owners passes will only be issued to persons who own or part-own a horse stabled with a licensed trainer at the R.C.T.C. stables.
- A trainer will be admitted at any time on production of his licence issued by the General Manager Racing, R.C.T.C.
- A trainer is expected to be present at his stable during visiting hours. In circumstances which may prevent him from being present, he must arrange for his Jemadar or such other responsible employee to be left in charge of his stables in his absence.
- A trainer’s wife will be admitted during visiting hours on production of a pass issued by the General Manager Racing R.C.T.C. These passes are valid from 1st May to 30th April in the following year.
- A trainer may, however, take his wife and children into the stables at any time provided that he accompanied them and legibly enters his own and their names in the visitors book.
- A trainer may take guests to the stables during visiting hours, provided that he accompanies them and legibly enters his own and their names in the visitors book.
- A jockey will be admitted at any time on production of his licence issued by the General Manager Racing, R.C.T.C.
- A jockey’s wife will be admitted during visiting hours on production of a pass issued by the General Manager Racing, R.C.T.C. These passes are valid from 1st May to 30th April in the following year.
- A jockey may take his children to the stables during visiting hours provided that he legibly enters his own and their names in the visitors’ book.
6. Riding Boys and Jemadars.
A Riding Boy or Jemadar will be admitted at any time on production of his record book issued by the General Manager Racing, R.C.T.C. Wives and families of Riding Boys or Jemadars cannot be admitted to or accommodated in the stables.
Syces will be admitted at any time on production of their upto date identification cards. Syces leading horses will not be required to produce their identification cards. New syces and those arriving from outside Calcutta who are not in possession of identification cards will be issued with a temporary disc by the Authorities until such time as identification cards are issued. No one will be allowed to enter the stables area if they cannot produce their identification card/disc. Wives and families of Syces cannot be admitted to or accommodated in the Stables.
8. Fodder merchants etc.
- A merchant will be admitted during visiting hours to communicate with trainers on production of his pass issued by the General Manager Racing, R.C.T.C./TAC. These passes are valid from 1st May to 30th April in the following year.
- Deliveries of fodder etc., must be made between the hours of 8 a.m. and 3.oo p.m. The merchant must be present when deliveries are made and for this purpose will be admitted between the above hours on production of his pass.
- No deliveries of fodder etc., will be permitted on a race day.
- Merchants are reminded that their passes are issued so that they may communicate with trainers and be present when deliveries are made.
- Any merchant found loitering in the stables will be liable to have his pass withdrawn. Families and friend of merchants will not be admitted.
9. Employees of fodder merchants etc.
- The Trainers’ Association of Calcutta will issue each merchant with a number of special Admit passes which will be transferable. These passes will admit employees of a pass-holders when accompanied by the merchant from 8.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. daily, except as specified in Note in Para 2.
- The merchant will be responsible for the passes and will only issued them to persons employed by him to bring fodder etc., to the stables.
- The merchant will be responsible that his employees leave the stable immediately a delivery has been completed.
- The merchant will be liable to have his pass withdrawn if these regulations are not strictly reserved or if the passes issued to him are found to have been used by unauthorized persons.
- A pass once revoked or withdrawn will not be re-issued.
10. Barbers, Moochis, etc.
Barbers and Moochis etc., will be admitted between the hours of 8.00 a.m. and 6.00 p.m. on production of an identification card issued by The Trainers’ Association of Calcutta (Except as specified in note in Para 2).
11. R.C.T.C. Officials and employees.
R.C.T.C. Officials and employees of the Club will be admitted at any time. If an Official or employees is not known to the durwans at the entrance, he should enter his name and designation in the visitors’ book.
12. For reasons of security, all stable passes issued with validity upto 30th April, 2014 must be produced at this office for revalidation stamps after 15th October, 2013. It is expressly emphasized that no admission to the R.C.T.C. Stables will be permitted after 17th October, 2013 unless the holders have their passes duly revalidated for the Winter Races 2013/2014.